Entries are now open for the 2017 Bay of Plenty ExportNZ Awards - and ExportNZ is wanting to hear how exporters have triumphed over adversity to build a successful business within the Bay of Plenty region.
New Zealand is a trading nation and our exporters are vital to New Zealand’s economy, which has come under the spotlight with recent global events that indicate a move to more protectionist policies, says Catherine Lye, Regional Manager of ExportNZ Auckland, Waikato & Bay of Plenty.
"Which is why these awards are crucial as we need to recognise the role of exporters in our country, celebrate their stories and journey so far, and learn how they’ve overcome highs and lows to succeed in the world of exporting.
"The very nature of exporting means these operators often have a more significant presence offshore, than onshore, and the awards are an excellent way we can share their success stories, along with the challenges they need to overcome."
For the year ended June 2016 exports of goods and services accounted for 28% (NZ$70.9 billion) of New Zealand’s GDP. The goal is to build this to 40% by 2025.
ExportNZ Bay of Plenty has been running the awards since 1990 as part of its mission to champion the value of exporting for New Zealand and New Zealanders.
Entries for the awards are now open and close on Friday 5 May 2017.
2017 Bay of Plenty ExportNZ award categories:
1. You Travel Emerging Exporter of the Year Award (for those companies new to exporting)
2. Beca Export Achievement Award (to recognise an individual’s or teams outstanding contribution to a company)
3. Page Macrae Engineering Innovation in Export Award (for those companies doing things smarter)
4. New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Service to Export Award (recognises an individual’s altruistic contribution to the Bay of Plenty export community)
5. Sharp Tudhope Lawyers Exporter of the Year Award (for those companies who have been in the export game a while)
ExportNZ Bay of Plenty is a division of the Employers and Manufacturers Association. The 2017 awards will be presented at a Carnival themed event on Friday 23 June 2017 at ASB Baypark, Mount Manganui.