What you'll learn:
Gain insights into best practices in workplace Health and Safety, enabling you to review and improve your organisation's OHS management practices. You'll gain increased skills in practical workplace OHS systems management, spanning legislative knowledge, best practice principles and Health and Safety systems application. This programme is an excellent stepping stone to further study, including the NZ Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 4) and the NZ Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety Management (Level 6).
After, you'll be able to...
- Recognise competencies associated with the prevention of common workplace injuries and the safe operation of equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the HSW Act, legislative requirements, good workplace health and safety practices
- Identify, assess and manage hazards and risks
- Use the required levels of workplace communication in regard to health and safety
- Demonstrate awareness of the benefits of good workplace health and safety practices on yourselves, families and the wider community
This is not a NZQA approved course. The EMA is currently preparing programme approval and accreditation applications to gain NZQA approval to deliver the New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3). In the meantime, learners who achieve the unit standards attached to this course will have this added to their NZ Record of Achievement from NZQA.
Forms and Applications
EMA Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety application
Security and Disclosure form