What you’ll learn:
This advanced training course reviews the role of the Health and Safety Representative and builds on the skills, knowledge and competencies developed in ‘Health and Safety Representatives (Stage 1)’ course. Over the two days you will review the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, supporting Health and Safety regulations, and be introduced to OH&S management systems, internal auditing and hazard mapping. It’s the perfect refresher for previous training.
After, you’ll be able to…
- Effectively perform in a workplace Health and Safety role, including discharge of duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Understand Health and Safety regulations and guidance material
- Identify hazards and risks, and put appropriate controls in place
- Use accident data to identify trends
- Conduct internal self-assessments or audits to improve workplace health and safety systems
NZQA Unit?Standards (optional) Choice of one:
29315 Version 1, Level 3, Credits 2. Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
17593 Version 4, Level 2, Credits 4. Apply safe work practices in the workplace.
Learners can expect to do an additional 6 hours of self-directed learning to complete 29315 and an additional 26 hours of to complete 17593.