What you’ll learn:
This entry level payroll course covers the basic payroll process steps and payroll activities present in any payroll (manually processed or using a computerised payroll application).
It will provide new payroll staff with a clear understanding of what the steps are and why they are done to reduce the risk of penalties, fines from external agencies and challenges from employees resulting from non-compliance.
All learners will be provided with a comprehensive course manual full of references, including templates and basic payroll process steps and procedures.
- Overview of the payroll process
- How to setup new employees and prepare final pays for terminated employees
- How to gather employee time data
- What basic payroll documentation is required?
- How employees are taxed
- What types of government and agency deductions are processed in payroll?
- Overview of KiwiSaver payroll requirements
- Payroll timeframes and deadlines
- Filing and reporting requirements (externally)
- Payroll process checks, verification and sign off
- What payroll reports to provide to the business
- Payroll record management
- Income tax and PAYE
- ACC Earner Levy / Student Loans / ESCT
- Types of employee allowances
- Overview of leave entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003
- The different leave calculations used by the Holidays Act 2003
- Types of Parental leave
- Other legislation impacting on payroll
After, you’ll be able to…
- Describe the end-to-end payroll process.
- List the payroll process steps and what is required for each step to ensure payroll is kept compliant.
- Describe all the elements that are involved in processing a pay.
- Describe the various leave entitlements and calculations under the Holidays Act 2003.
- Gain an understanding of other areas of legislation that have an impact on payroll.
Gaining a NZPPA Certificate:
If the learner wishes to gain a NZPPA certificate, we offer the opportunity to complete an online assessment after the course. If the learner does not want undertake assessment, a certificate of attendance will be issued if requested. This course in part will help in completing the online assessment requirements for NZPPA Certification to be a recognised payroll professional.
This course can also be completed by eLearning through NZPPA. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounted member price:
You could save: